1. Reasons the Company Collects Personal Information. We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of member service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about. If you do not want the Company to keep you up to date with our news and the latest information on products and services click Account Settings from within the Nightlife application and update your personal contact information and preferences.
2. Information the Company Collects and How the Information May be Used. There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better Services and/or products. For example: We may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, participating in an online survey, or registering your account.
When you interact with the Company, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences. We also collect information for market research purposes – such as your occupation and where you use your Company products-to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service. We collect information regarding member and/or customer activities on our The Bahamas Nightlife Application and/or websites or through use of the Services. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to members or customers and to understand which parts of our Services are of most interest to them. We may use personal information to provide services or products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve our Services and/or products. This information may be shared with third parties or in special circumstances as described elsewhere in this policy.
When you create or change an account, you provide some personal information, such as your name, username, password, email address, profile information, short biography, your location, your website, or a picture. You may also provide us with information to customize your account, such as your cell phone number to send text messages for example. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services or to market to you. Some of this information, for example, your name and username, public profile, content shared via posts, is listed publicly on our Services, including on your profile page and in search results. Some Services, such as search, public user profiles and viewing lists, may not require registration. We may use your contact information to help others find your account, including through third-party services and client applications.
If you connect your account to your account on another service in order to cross-post between The Bahamas Nightlife and that service, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service and other information that you authorize. This information enables cross-posting, helps us improve the Services, and is deleted from The Bahamas Nightlife within a reasonable time of your disconnecting from your account on the other service.
When you post Content (See The Bahamas Nightlife’s Terms of Service) using The Bahamas Nightlife’s Services / The Bahamas Nightlife Application, the content/information you provide us is information/content you are asking us to make public (“Information”). This Information shared on The Bahamas Nightlife Application/Services is typically made public as long as you don’t delete it from The Bahamas Nightlife. The Bahamas Nightlife generally provides settings for you to make the Information more private if you chose. Your Information posted or shared on The Bahamas Nightlife Services can be broadly and instantly visible to the public. For example, your Information shared on The Bahamas Nightlife Services may be searchable by search engines and deliverable via electronic means to a vast range of users and services. When you share Information or content like posts, locations, pictures, links using The Bahamas Nightlife Services, you should carefully review the Information or content being shared publicly, as it could prove embarrassing or be Information that you didn’t wish another person to see.
The Bahamas Nightlife may disclose your information with your consent, for example, when you permit a person or business website or application access to your account.
3. Your Online Company ID and Related Information. Our Application/Services allows you to create an ID based on your personal information (username). This convenient service saves you time and allows for easier use of our Services. In order to create your ID you will need to create a personal profile by providing your name, phone number, email address, and in some cases your mailing address or if requested, a credit card number. The system saves the information in your personal profile and assigns you your own unique personal ID which you can use when performing various activities relating to our Application/Services and the products and services you use and/or may purchase from the Company, if any.
4. Posts and Services. The Company also enables you post or share Information to family, friends, colleagues or others/the public. To fulfill your request, the Company may require personal information about the person to whom you are contacting/posting such as their name, physical address, email address, and so on. The personal information you provide about that person is used only for the purpose for which it is collected. The Company will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
5. Publicly Displayed Information is Public. If you use the Application/Services and/or products or that of any of its affiliates, you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users or the public. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. The Company is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously nonpublic, available by enabling certain user features, the Company will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information, public posts, and the people you follow or that follow you, or the number of users who clicked on a particular link.
There are also times when it may be advantageous for the Company to make certain personal information about you available to companies that the Company has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for the Company to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer or member data, provide customer or member service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer or member research or satisfaction surveys. In such situation these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for any unauthorized purposes and are also obligated to protect your information in accordance with the Company’s policies, except if we inform you otherwise at the time of collection. Without such information being made available, it would be difficult for you to use the Application/Services, receive member service, provide us feedback to improve our products and/or services, or access certain services, offers, and content on our Application/Services.
The Company may take the personal information we receive from individuals responding to our member or customer surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other members or customers we may have, to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). The Company then uses the aggregated information to improve the quality of its services to you, and to develop new services and/or products. This aggregated non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including credit agencies, collection agencies, merchant database agencies, law enforcement, litigation or to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, the Child Online Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information. We may also disclose personal information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our contracts, policies and procedures. Finally we may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
7. How the Company Protects Your Personal Information. The Company takes precautions-including administrative, technical, and physical measures-to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet through use of The Bahamas Nightlife Services. Consider changing our passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining your personal information.
8. Integrity of Your Personal Information. The Company has safeguards in place to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. You always have the right to access and correct the personal information you have provided and can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by checking your The Bahamas Nightlife settings account. In addition, you can request a copy of your personal information, if any is stored, such as your product registration history, by contacting us at the email address below.
As is true of most websites and mobile devices, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. The Company will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
In some of our email messages we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our website or Application/Services. When members or customers click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We may track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our members/customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
In addition we may use pixel tags-tiny graphic images-to tell us what parts of our website or The Bahamas Nightlife Application/Services members or customers have visited or to measure the effectiveness of searches members or customers perform on our site. Pixel tags also enable us to send email messages in a format members or customers can read. And they tell us whether emails have been opened to ensure that we’re sending only messages that are of interest to our members or customers. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a member or customer. We store all of this information in a secure database located in the United States.
The Bahamas Nightlife uses or may use a variety of third-party services to help provide our Services. Third-party service provides may provide such services as hosting The Bahamas Nightlife blogs and wikis or blikis, and to help us understand the use of our Services. Information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as your IP address or your cookies may be collected by these third-party service providers. Also, we may receive information such as a browser cookie ID or cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address) from third-party ad partner, to assist us to determine ad quality and focus ads. For instance, if you have shown an interest in certain things, we can use this information to show you ads about those things that may be of interest to you. See Account Settings if you wish to turn off focused ads in your privacy settings.
11. Commitment to Your Privacy. As we said, the Company takes protecting your privacy very seriously. To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate these guidelines to our employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
12. Links to Sites of Other Companies. Our Application has or may have links to the sites of other companies. We are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
Contact Information: email@example.com
Last updated May 1, 2018